Apply for the Exxaro Bursary Programme South Africa 2023. The bursar program connects with the Professional-in-Training (PIT) program after graduation, providing further learning to prepare a successful applicant for leadership roles in the company.
EXXARO BURSARY PROGRAMME
The company has developed a full-time bursary program through which young South African residents are selected each year to study full-time at official South African-recognized university institutions.
The organization’s talent pipeline aims to create a talent pool from which young prospective talent may be recruited, educated, trained, and equipped for successful careers in the company, with a 4-year degree as a minimum entrance criterion.
The emphasis is primarily on undergraduate studies to support our major mining industry specialties, which include:
- Mine Surveying B-Technical Degree
- BSc Geology Hons
- BEng degree studies
The bursary is comprehensive and covers tuition fees, accommodation-, meals- and book/pocket money, as well as the purchase of a laptop/tablet.
Also, the bursary program includes the following exciting benefits:
- Dedicated administrative and monitoring support for the Talent Pipeline.
- Campus visits in the first and second semesters (attended by talent management and discipline mentors)
- Senior, well-versed leaders are available.
- One year of practical work experience at one of Exxaro’s facilities is required.
- Access to other Exxaro bursars and coordination with them (also from other institutions)
- Awards and prizes for best-performing bursars at the annual PIT Symposium-Corporate Calendar Event
- The National Mining Indaba has extended an invitation to you.
Applications for 2023
Students in their second, third, or fourth academic year of study can apply for bursaries in the following fields:
- Mine Surveying B-Technical Degree – 3rd academic year
- BSc Geology – 2nd or 3rd academic year
- degree studies.
Civil 2nd academic year
Electrical/Electronic 2nd or 3rd academic year
Industrial 2nd or 3rd academic year
Mechanical/Mechatronic 2nd academic year
Metallurgical 2nd, 3rd or 4th academic year
Mining 2nd or 3rd academic year
To participate, scan the QR code or go to the Exxaro application form by clicking on the link provided below.
The deadline for applications is April 18. Shortly after the deadline, candidate selection will begin. Consider your application failed if you have not received any reply by mid-May 20223.
Those who are chosen to advance to the next level will be asked to send their paperwork, such as a CV, by mail contact.