VLC for Android is a full port of VLC Media player that runs on Android and iOS that allows individuals to have access to their different media files.
Generally, VLC is a great tool for opening different media files ranging from music to videos, and translations.
Therefore, getting the VLC feature for your Android devices comes with the same features and even greater qualities that are only compatible with Android devices.
However, these features are only available on the VLC Android app which can easily be gotten by anyone.
One of the great features that are available on the VLC Android app is the translation of videos which makes it easier for individuals to be able to watch different movies from different countries no matter the language.
Unlike some Android multimedia applications and tools that do not have some of these features and require you to get them separately or even pay for them, VLC for Android is just suitable, free, and easy to use by anyone.
Also, the usage and navigation of the VLC for Android do not discriminate the type of Android device that is downloaded into.
All an individual has to do is have the full knowledge on how to download and use the VLC for Android then they can be able to use it freely without any huddle.
Therefore, this article contains all the information relevant to VLC for Android, from how to download the VLC for Android and enable it to all other things relevant to VLC for Android.
About VLC for Android | Overview
VLC for Android is a version of the VLC media player that was invented to enable Android users to have access to as many features of the VLC media player on their Android devices.
Although it is on Android, this version of the VLC media player can carry out as many tasks and has as many features, and is even more interesting as the VLC media player for Windows and PCs.
It allows its users to play videos, games, music and do a lot more other activities as may be required, some of these features can also be found on the main VLC media player.
VLC media player on its own, however, is a free and open-source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that allows users to have access to and play different media files.
Invented and developed by video lens originally, the VLC media player has been rated over time by its users from across the world as one of the best media player tools for opening different media files.
Therefore, from its invention as a complete media player tool, VLC developers saw the need for a version of the tool to be created to be able to accommodate more people who may need its features.
More features are available on the VLC for Android that is not discoverable until it is successfully downloaded or installed on Android devices.
So, VLC for Android is simply a full port of the VLC media player to the Android platform bearing the same and even greater features as the VLC media player for Windows, PCs, and even other usable gadgets like iPhones.
Features of the VLC for Android
The VLC for Android has even greater features l; as has been said earlier, than the main VLC media player for Windows and PCs.
Therefore, these features are what most media player tools do not have, and being one of these media players, VLC for Android provides these features for its users and meets the needs of media players.
VLC for Android among other media player tools, stands out with these features and functions as the ones listed below among others;
- VLC for Android features a full music player, a media database, an equalizer and filters, and numerous other such features
- It provides translation for videos of foreign languages to English or even other available languages available on the VLC for android
- In support of Chromebook
- Supports Android TV
- Plays all files, in all formats, like the classic VLC media player
- Supports different Android versions, android version 2.2, 4.2
- Supports ARMV7, ARMv8, AARCH64, MIPS and x86
- Allows for NAS browsing and shared device browsing
- Embedded and external Subtitle support including ASS na d DVD subtitle is one of the unique features of the VLC for Android
- Supports secondary display
- Multi-core and full hardware decoding
- Gestures and headphones control
There are more unique and beautiful features to the VLC for Android which may not be mentioned above but is discoverable when the VLC media player app is downloaded on your Android.
How to Download VLC App | Download VLC for Android
If you have developed an interest In the VLC for Android and would want t to have a taste of it, use it for opening the Subtitles to your videos, playing videos in high and original quality, or playing music.
There is just a simple way you can get the VLC for Android and enjoy its features in your Android without a huddle and free too.
However, the VLC for Android is available for users to download to their Android as an App, and there is a simple step for you to follow to get this app and get to enjoy its features.
Below is listed the steps that you can follow to successfully download the VLC for Android and get to enjoy its features, do these to download the VLC app;
- Go to google play store, open the google play store app already on your Android
- You can input VLC for Android on the search bar of the google play store
- There may be different options provided for you to choose from, choose the VLC media player that is specifically written Android VLC
- You can also download VLC to your iPhone by inputting VLC for iPhone and selecting the best-fitting option
- Tap on the install to install the app on your phone
- When the app is completely installed, tap on the enable button to enable the VLC app on your phone
- When the VLC app is successfully enabled, you can then click on the open option on the right of the page to open the app
NOTE: There are other app stores you can open or download the VLC for Android whether Android VLC 2.2 or more, such sites and places as the Fire Amazon app, F-droid, app gallery, and Google Play store.