The Transform East Africa Fund (TEAF) is a grant fund that supports high-impact enterprises in East Africa.
TEAF provides grants of up to £300,000 to startups and social enterprises that are working to address some of the most pressing challenges facing East Africa, such as poverty, inequality, and environmental degradation. Pretty cool, right?
The fund is open to startups and social enterprises that are based in Ethiopia, Kenya, or Rwanda.
The ten most impactful businesses will receive grants ranging from £100,000 to £300,000, and the deadline is on 27th July 2023.
Eligibility & Criterion to Transform East Africa Fund
In order to be eligible for funding, startups, and social enterprises must meet the following criteria:
- They must be working in one of the six areas of focus: health, waste, water and sanitation, environment, inclusive economics, or raising living standards.
- They must have a clear impact on the lives of low-income people.
- They must be scalable and have the potential to reach a large number of people.
- They must be financially sustainable.
Have the capability to engage in sectors where Unilever, acting as the executing partner, possesses expertise and resources to contribute significantly to project advancement.
- Projects must be directly relevant to Unilever East Africa.
- They should generate global public benefits by promoting public awareness or furthering research.
- It is vital to openly share the insights gained from the program.
- The intellectual property arising from the projects will be owned by the respective social entity.
- This intellectual property shall not be exclusively utilized by Unilever, the FCDO, or EY.
- An established strategy is required to develop a market-oriented approach aimed at achieving sustainability.
Note: A social enterprise, not an NGO, must make the application.
- TuneGaga App Update | How to Download Apk & Login | Scam?
- How to Apply For Student Loan | Easy Steps to Follow
- FCMB Study Abroad Loan | EAS Benefits & Application Form
To secure additional funding, the proposed project must demonstrate a clear and viable path to economic feasibility on a larger scale, supported by verifiable assumptions.
Moreover, the business should possess the capability to implement the project effectively, using the funding and in-kind support received throughout its duration.
The Transform East Africa Fund is a valuable resource for startups and social enterprises that are looking to make a positive impact on the region.
The fund provides much-needed financial support, as well as access to a network of mentors and advisors.
If you are a startup or social enterprise that is working to address the challenges facing East Africa, I encourage you to apply for funding from TEAF.
Benefits of Funding From The Transform East Africa Fund
Here are some of the benefits of applying for funding from the Transform East Africa Fund:
- Financial support: TEAF provides grants of up to £300,000 to help startups and social enterprises scale their businesses.
- Access to a network of mentors and advisors: TEAF provides startups and social enterprises with access to a network of mentors and advisors who can help them grow their businesses.
- Increased visibility: TEAF branding and marketing support can help startups and social enterprises increase their visibility and reach new customers.
If you are a startup or social enterprise that is working to address the challenges facing East Africa, I encourage you to learn more about the Transform East Africa Fund and apply for funding.
For applying and obtaining further information, please click on “Apply Here.”