TechX Clean Energy Accelerator offers an immersive 15-week program designed for 12 forward-thinking clean energy start-ups.
These selected ventures showcase promising potential in driving the shift towards an economically viable net-zero energy sector.
The program is run by the Net Zero Technology Centre (NGTC), a UK-based organization that supports the development and commercialization of clean energy technologies.
The 2024 cohort of the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator will focus on the following areas:
- CCUS & carbon removal solutions
- Low carbon hydrogen
- Alternative fuels and green chemicals
- Renewable power
Benefits of TechX Clean Energy Accelerator
The program will provide the selected start-ups with access to a range of resources, including:
- £100,000 grant funding
- Expert mentoring
- Access to NGTC’s network of partners
- Opportunities to showcase their technologies to potential investors and customers
The deadline to apply for the 2024 cohort is October 1, 2023. For more information, visit the NGTC website.
Eligibility Criteria For The Techx Clean Energy Accelerator
However, here are the eligibility criteria for the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator 2024 cohort:
- Your company must be a clean energy start-up. This means that your company must be developing a technology that has the potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Your company must be at a technology readiness level (TRL) of 2-6. This means that your technology must be at a stage where it is either a concept or a prototype that has been demonstrated in a relevant environment.
- Your company must be headquartered in the UK or have a strong presence in the UK.
- Your company must have a team of at least two people.
- Your company must be able to commit to the full 15-week program.
- 2023 Youth STEM Matters Research Conference: Are You READY?!
- Transform East Africa Fund | 2023 Application Processes
- Apply now for the Atlas Corps Fellowship 2023: Designed for Young Leaders
If you meet these eligibility criteria, you can apply for the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator 2024 cohort.
Steps On How To Apply For The Techx Clean Energy Accelerator
You can apply for the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator 2024 cohort by following these simple steps:
- Visit the NGTC website: https://www.netzerotc.com/disruptive-innovation/tech-x-clean-energy-accelerator/ and click on the “Apply” button.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Upload the following documents:
- Your business plan
- A pitch deck
- A video of yourself introducing your company
- A list of your team members and their CVs
Submit your application by the deadline of October 1, 2023.
The NGTC will review all applications and select 12 start-ups to participate in the 2024 cohort. The selected start-ups will be notified by the end of October 2023.
Why participate in the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator?
There are many benefits to participating in a clean energy accelerator program. Here are just a few:
- Access to funding: Many accelerator programs offer grant funding or equity investments to help start-ups grow their businesses. The TechX Clean Energy Accelerator offers a £100,000 grant, which can be a significant financial boost for early-stage start-ups.
- Expert mentoring: Accelerator programs typically provide start-ups with access to experienced mentors who can offer guidance and advice. The TechX Clean Energy Accelerator has a team of experienced mentors who can help start-ups with everything from business development to technical challenges.
- Networking opportunities: Accelerator programs give start-ups the opportunity to meet with potential investors, customers, and partners. The TechX Clean Energy Accelerator has a strong network of partners, which can help start-ups get their products or services into the market.
- Exposure: Accelerator programs often help start-ups get their products or services in front of a wider audience. The TechX Clean Energy Accelerator will showcase the selected start-ups to potential investors and customers at a number of events throughout the program.
If you are a clean energy start-up, I encourage you to consider applying for the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator.
It is a great opportunity to get your business off the ground and accelerate your journey to commercialization.
Here are some of the start-ups that have participated in the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator in previous years:
- Carbon Capture Associates is developing a new technology for capturing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
- Electrochaea is developing an electrolyzer that can produce hydrogen from renewable electricity.
- Green Hydrogen Systems is developing a system for producing green hydrogen from water.
- Prometheus Fuels is developing a new technology for converting biomass into liquid fuels.
These are just a few examples of the innovative clean energy technologies that have been developed by start-ups that have participated in the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator.
If you are a clean energy start-up, I encourage you to consider applying for the 2024 cohort. It is a great opportunity to get your business off the ground and accelerate your journey to commercialization.
For more information, share, subscribe, and comment on this post!