2024 Young Leaders Program by the Democratic Alliance is now accepting applications. The YLP is a political leadership learning and development program for South Africans between the ages of 18 and 35 who share the DA’s values of Freedom, Fairness, Opportunity, and Diversity.
Program participants are highly motivated individuals who are interested in pursuing careers in politics or the public sector.
Over the course of one year, participants in the YLP will have the opportunity to develop their communication, critical thinking, and political knowledge.
They will also gain a deeper understanding of themselves, their individual leadership style, and their development needs through sessions focused on leadership and personal development.
Additionally, participants will be expected to develop and carry out a leadership project, which will give them a unique opportunity to increase their influence, self-awareness, and emotional maturity.
Young Leaders Program is a valuable opportunity for young South Africans who are passionate about making a difference in their country.
It is a chance to learn from experienced leaders, develop your skills, and build your network. If you are interested in applying, please visit the DA website for more information.
Here are some additional details about the YLP:
- The program is free to attend.
- Participants are selected based on their leadership potential, academic achievements, and commitment to the DA’s values.
- The program includes a mix of online and in-person learning.
- Participants will have the opportunity to meet with DA leaders and shadow them at political events.
- The program culminates in a leadership summit where participants will present their leadership projects.
Eligibility for Young Leaders Programme by the Democratic Alliance
- Age: Between 18 and 35 years old.
- Citizenship: South African citizen.
- Location: Must either reside in South Africa or be able to return to South Africa in time for the program to begin. Travel expenses outside of South Africa are not covered by the program.
- Leadership: Must have a history of exemplary leadership.
- Values: Must share the DA’s values of Freedom, Fairness, Opportunity, and Diversity.
- Passion: Must be passionate about making a difference in South Africa.
- Communication skills: They are able to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Critical thinking skills: They are able to think critically and solve problems.
- Problem-solving skills: They are able to identify and solve problems.
- Leadership skills: They are able to motivate and inspire others.
- Teamwork skills: They are able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Commitment: They are committed to their goals and to making a difference in the world.
- TechX Clean Energy Accelerator 2024: An Opportunity for Clean Energy Start-ups
- 2023 Youth STEM Matters Research Conference: Are You READY?!
- Apply now for the Atlas Corps Fellowship 2023: Designed for Young Leaders
Benefits of the Young Leaders Programme by the Democratic Alliance
Here are some of the benefits of participating in the DA Young Leaders Programme:
- Develop your leadership skills: The program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your leadership skills through a variety of activities, including training, workshops, and mentoring.
- Gain exposure to politics: The program will give you the opportunity to gain exposure to politics and the political process. You will have the opportunity to meet with DA leaders, shadow them on political events, and participate in political discussions.
- Build your network: The program will help you to build your network of contacts in the political world. You will have the opportunity to meet with other young leaders, DA members, and political stakeholders.
- Make a difference in your country: The program will give you the opportunity to make a difference in your country. You will have the opportunity to work on projects that will improve the lives of South Africans.
APPLICATION for Young Leaders Programme by the Democratic Alliance
After the Young Leaders Office has examined an application, the applicant will get a confirmation email in 2 working days saying whether or not their application package is complete. Contact the office if you do not receive this confirmation.
All candidates who successfully turned in a comprehensive application package will also need to finish a two-hour online test.
If you are a young South African who is interested in making a difference in your country, the DA Young Leaders Programme is a great opportunity for you. To learn more and apply, please visit the DA website.