UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest is an annual competition that invites young people from around the world to share their creativity and perspectives on the refugee experience. The theme for the 2023 contest is “Hope away from home.”
The contest is open to young people between the ages of 12 and 25. There are no restrictions on artistic style or medium. Participants can submit drawings, paintings, sculptures, photographs, or digital art.
The winning entries will be animated and shared on UNHCR’s social media channels. They will also be featured in an exhibition at the UNHCR headquarters in Geneva.
In addition to the global winners, there will also be regional winners and prizes for cartoons. All winners will receive a special prize from UNHCR and various other goodies.
The Youth with Refugees Art Contest is a great opportunity for young people to use their creativity to raise awareness of the refugee crisis.
It is also a chance to connect with other young people from around the world who are passionate about making a difference.
How Art Can Help Refugees
Art can play a powerful role in the lives of refugees. It can help them to express their emotions, connect with their culture, and build a sense of community.
In a refugee camp, art can provide a welcome distraction from the daily challenges of life. It can also help to build relationships between refugees from different backgrounds.
Art can also be a powerful tool for advocacy. By sharing their stories through art, refugees can raise awareness of the challenges they face and the need for support.
The UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest is a great example of how art can be used to help refugees. The contest provides a platform for young people to express their creativity and share their perspectives on the refugee experience.
The contest also helps to raise awareness of the refugee crisis and the need for support. By participating in the contest, young people can make a difference in the lives of refugees around the world.
How to Qualify for the UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest
These are the eligibility criteria for the UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest:
- You must be between the ages of 12 and 25 on the date of submission.
- You must be a citizen of any country.
- Your artwork must be original and must not have been previously published or exhibited.
- Your artwork must be submitted in digital format.
- Your artwork must be in English or French.
- Make sure your artwork is well-executed and that it communicates your message clearly.
- Use your creativity to come up with an original and eye-catching design.
- Make sure your artwork is in line with the theme of the contest.
- Proofread your artwork carefully before submitting it.
- TechX Clean Energy Accelerator 2024: An Opportunity for Clean Energy Start-ups
- 2024 Young Leaders Program by the Democratic Alliance: Apply Now to Make a Positive Difference
- Personal Loan | Requirements, Five Things You Ought To Know
How to Apply for the UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest
- First, go to the UNHCR website and click on the “Youth with Refugees Art Contest” link.
- Secondly, read the eligibility criteria and the theme of the contest.
- Then, create an account on the UNHCR website if you do not have one already.
- Go ahead and upload your artwork to the website.
- Finally, fill out the application form and submit your entry.
Deadline for the UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest
The deadline for submissions is September 30, 2023.
If you are a young person who is passionate about art and about making a difference, I encourage you to participate in the UNHCR Youth with Refugees Art Contest. Your artwork could help to spread hope for displaced people around the world.